Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility


"Having your home inspected is the only effective way to determine whether you and your family are at risk of high radon exposure." -CDC website

Radon is a gas that you cannot smell, taste or see. Radon forms naturally when uranium, radium and thorium break down in rocks, soil and groundwater. People can be exposed to radon primarily from breathing radon in air that comes through cracks and gaps in buildings and homes.


Breathing in radon can cause health problems. You can take steps to reduce high radon levels in your home by testing and mitigation if it tests over EPA standards.


A device called a CRM (continuous radon monitor) is set on the lowest level of the home. It collects radon level data in intervals over 48 hours. The results are read and averaged over that period. According to the EPA, any reading averaging over 4.0 pCi/L (picoCurie per liter), is considered hazardous and corrective measures to reduce your exposure to radon gas should be taken.


Click to get more info at the Centers For Disease Control website


Click to get more info at the Environmental Protection Agency website



Contact us today for a quote on your home inspection.


Call us today: